There are basically two categories of music included on these pages:
The alternative will be the withdrawal of any existing permissions, and a major setback to the possible development of the Internet as a means of sharing published as well as unpublished music.
The following information relating to the Church Copyright Licence is reproduced from CCLI's web pages:
What you can and cannot do
As a license holder, you have the freedom to:
The quantity of copies allowed should not exceed the maximum number of your "Church size" category, with the exception that the quantity of tapes duplicated per service should not exceed 15 percent of the "Church size" category.
- Print songs and hymns in bulletins, programs, liturgies and songsheets.
- Create your own customized songbooks or hymnals.
- Create overhead transparencies, slides, or use any other format whereby songs are visually projected, such as computer graphics and projection.
- Arrange, print and copy your own arrangements, vocal and instrumental, of songs where no published version is available.
- Record your worship services by audio or video means, provided you only record "live" music (instrumental and vocal). Accompaniment "tracks" cannot be reproduced. You may also charge up to $4.00 each for audio tapes (cassettes) and $12.00 each for video tapes.
The Church Copyright License does NOT allow you to:
This is an annual license. All terms are in effect only when the license is active. If the license is not renewed all rights are terminated effective on the expiration date.
- Photocopy or duplicate octavos, cantatas, musicals, handbell music, keyboard arrangements, vocal scores, orchestrations or other instrumental works.
- Translate songs from English into another language. This can only be done with the approval of the respective publisher.
- Rent, sell or lend copies made under the license to groups outside the church or to other churches. (It is OK to distribute tapes to shut-ins, missionaries or others outside the church.)
- Assign or transfer the license to another church or group without CCLI's approval.